Zakharov Gury Filippovich (Захаров Гурий Филиппович) 1926-1994
Born in Kimry, now Kalinin region.
Named Honored Artist of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic RSFSR (1968).
Laureate of the State Prize of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic RSFSR (1981)
He studied at the Moscow Higher School of Industrial Art (1947-54) with ES Theis, VE Egorova, MA Markov, VP Komardenkova, VP Kiselyov.
He received a diploma of interior decorator
In 1948 he attended the studio of etching. Nivinsky (leader Theys ES)
1954-1956 – worked as an artist-architect, Architecture and Art Bureau of the Ministry of Shipbuilding Industry of the USSR, where he designed the interiors of ships
Since 1957 – participant of art exhibitions
Since 1959 – member of the Union of Artists of the USSR
1964-1981 – creative residences to Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Tunisia, Morocco. He worked mainly in the art linocuts and etchings.
1991 – Full member of the USSR Academy of Arts
His work is characterized by a modern infused poetic sense of reality perception, a strict architectonic composition and rhythm, contrast matching black and white tones.
His works are exhibited in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin Museum, Museum, Art Museum of Yaroslavl, Vologda Regional Art Gallery, Bryansk Regional Art Museum, among others.